|Future Perfect: Chao Lingshen's Tale|
|Written by||Chris Ganale|
|Original run||November 9, 2007 – April 27, 2008|
- "Let us never forget, those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return..."
- —Lord Terrance Hood
Future Perfect: Chao Lingshen's Tale is a fan fiction authored by Chris Ganale, as part of the Project: Arashi series of works. It is the tale of the events before (and after) Kuro Arashi: The Black Storm, and follows the events of Chao Lingshen before she winds up in the past and when she decides to start her plan to reveal magic to the rest of the world. It primarily focuses on the doomed Squad Six, the squad of Marines sent to rescue Chao from a Convenant attack.
Chao Lingshen and Squad Six are on the Orbital Defense Platform Athens, one of roughly three-hundred geosynchronous Super-MAC defense stations that is being attacked by the Covenant. One by one, Squad Six perishes around Chao, until finally only she remains. Faced with death, she trusts the Cassiopeia to send her through time to a safer place and leaps through time to the far past, almost 600 years before her time. She is welcomed into the past by the Yochi no Kouken. Accepting her new time, she winds up at Mahora Academy, integrated into a class that contains ancient ancestors to each and everyone of the Marines who saved her life. Shocked and moved by her memories of that time upon the Athens, she swears to reveal magic to the world in order to give humanity the upper hand for the future against the Covenant.
The story is, judging from reviews, extremely well received.
- Akira Miyazaki
- Anton Ayase
- Dave Akashi
- Johannes Kugimiya
- Kano Narutaki
- Masaru Hasegawa
- Satoshi Asakura
- Satoshi Saotome
- Takumi Yukihiro
- Ayaka Yukihiro
- Chachamaru Karakuri (Mentioned only)
- Chao Lingshen
- Chisame Hasegawa
- Fuka Narutaki
- Fumika Narutaki
- Haruna Saotome
- Kazumi Asakura
- Madoka Kugimiya
- Mana Tatsumiya (Mentioned only)
- Negi Springfield (Mentioned only)
- Nodoka Miyazaki
- Sayo Aisaka
- Yue Ayase
- Yuuna Akashi
- Adrian Perez (Mentioned only)
- Avery Johnson (Mentioned only)
- John-117 (Mentioned only)
- Lord Terrence Hood
- Miranda Keyes (Mentioned only)
- As the plot and storyline of Project: Arashi had been in a very fluid state when this story was originally written, the third chapter has been declared out-of-continuity by the author. This indicates that, rather than being completely non-canon, that the events have been altered but the spirit of the events remain. It can be considered a deleted scene in Project: Arashi.