Cain Lear is a fictional character and protagonist in Kuro Arashi: The Black Storm. He is the minister magi to Vervara Rozthan. A dark knight of the magic world, Terras Magicus, he is a master of swordsmanship. His half-human heritage allows him to cross between the old world and the magic world, but having no recollection of his parents or family means he is unaware how his parents met or which of his parents is Hellan.
Cain was separated from his family at a young age, so he knows nothing about them or if he still has one at all. The earliest he could remember, he was raised by a group of thugs. The leader of the group, named Teagues, took a liking to Cain, as he showed promise at a young age concerning robbing and fighting. When Cain got old enough, he grew tired of fist fights and wanted to get stronger. The leader of his group first taught him the ways of the sword. When Cain had mastered one and two handed swordsmanship the leader started his "dark knight" training.
At twenty-two, he had finished this training and at twenty-five he met his magistra magi, Vervara Rozthan. After being left for dead because of a job that went wrong, Vervara found him and took care of him until he was at full capacity. Currently, his only motives, other than repaying Vervara for saving his life, is finding his family... if there still is one to be found.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Magical Prowess: Black magic including a strong proficiency of fire and lightning based spells. To go hand in hand with sword fighting he was also taught a range of contact absorption spells including stamina, will, health, and speed skills.
- Sword Combat Specialist: Years of street fighting and brawling has made Cain adept at combat and given him mastery of the claymore and one handed sword.
- Thievery: Cain is also skilled in sleight of hand and lock picking.
- Like all characters in the Final Fantasy category, Cain's source material is Final Fantasy XIV, though his character is a native to the Kuro Arashi universe.
- Final Fantasy XIV (Non-canonical)